Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Iconic Paris: That Tower

At first, it feels so far away.

It seems out of place, like someone just dropped it in the middle of a busy city.

As you get closer, it starts to look more at home.

 It is so beautiful, up close...

...and when the sun goes down...

...it makes the perfect backdrop for a picnic.

Incredible.


Amazing.


Is it any wonder that Paris is the fourth most photographed place on earth?








Saturday Snapshot is now hosted by West Metro Mommy ReadsTo participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

For more wordless photos, go to Wordless Wednesday.

Please join the weekly meme at An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.

Il est Juillet et il est temps pour le merveilleux Paris in July hosted by Thyme for Tea! (*It is July and it is time for the wonderful Paris in July!)

19 comments:

  1. Well done! The first picture is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sunset photo but they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driven around Paris and been under it on the Metro but never stopped off long enough to visit the place. You were lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the photos are wonderful. I felt like this about the Taj Mahal. The closer you got the more impressive, more beautiful and strangely more serene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos.
    Thank you for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/07/splish-splash.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Well taken. Love the different colors. It looks magical!
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely photos, specially love night photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. I really enjoyed my time in Paris and hope to visit again soon.

    http://www.carmensreadingcorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos and especial the night photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was beautiful in the yellow light :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, I must have hundreds of photos of the Eiffel Tower! Ah Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous views! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I imagine that you really enjoyed that picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful shots!!! Eiffel Tower always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a variety of shots of the Eiffel Tower. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every time I see a photo of the tower, I fall in love all over again. You have some wonderful views here! ~~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great series of photos. I love the up-close ones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. To paraphrase:
    You love Paris/Why oh why do you love Paris...
    Because your heart is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I'd still love it so much if I actually lived there!

      Delete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.